Future Schools Trust is a Company Limited by Guarantee formed under the Companies Act 2006. It is formed by the signatories (Members) of the Memorandum of Association.
The Board of Directors has responsibilities under Charity Law as Trustees and under Company Law as Directors, as well as the responsibilities of governors of a school. The actions of Directors are also governed by the Master Funding Agreement between the Trust and the DfE and by the Articles of Association. In addition, there is a Supplemental Funding Agreement for each academy within the Trust.
Cornwallis Academy is part of the Future Schools Trust; alongside, New Line Learning Academy, Tiger Primary School, and Tiger Cubs Day Nursery. Each school has its own local governing body which plays a supporting and challenging role for the school's leadership with regard to the curriculum, pupil attainment and progress.
The Governing Body’s responsibilities are:
- "day-to-day" oversight of running of the schools;
- carrying out the Trust’s vision policies and priorities;
- hold the school leadership to account for academic performance;
- quality of care and provision;
- overseeing and monitoring the effectiveness of local strategies;
- seeking value for money and ensuring resources are applied appropriately at school level; and
- supporting the Board of Trustees in relation to proper use of funds and delivering high quality educational provision.
All Governors are required to follow the principles of public conduct set out by the Nolan Committee.
|Local Governing Body for Cornwallis Academy|
|Graham Niblock - Chair of Local Governing Body|
|Isabelle Linney-Drouet (Headteacher)|
|Clerk to Governors - Frances Sharp|
To contact Cornwallis Academy's Local Governing Body please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For a full list of Future Schools Trust's Governance Structure, please click here.