Preston

Head of House: Mr T King

Preston Hall is a former manorial home and associated estate in Aylesford in the English county of Kent and dates to the Norman period. Part of the estate became the Royal British Legion Village in the 1920s and the hall itself was used as a hospital after World War II. A cricket ground had been built within the grounds of the hall by the mid-19th century. It was used in 1846 and 1847, when the hall was owned by the Milner family, by Kent County Cricket Club for two first-class cricket matches, both played against Surrey. Now a days part of the estate is the site of the Heart of Kent Hospice, opened in 1992. In March 2014 the hall was sold by the Department of Health to Weston Homes for a nominal fee to be converted into residential apartments.