Head of House: Mr D Clapp
This page is currently awaiting content
A quick History
Certain parts of Chartwell date back to between 1515 to 1546, whilst King Henry VIII was on the throne, and were originally built as a hunting lodge. After passing through many different owners, Chartwell was bought by Sir Winston Churchill and it became his family home. Whilst living at Chartwell, Churchill took up painting – much of which can still be viewed there today. In 1966, the National Trust gained ownership of Chartwell and it is now a museum dedicated to Churchill and his family, an art gallery and garden. Another famous resident of Chartwell is a marmalade coloured cat with white paws, called Jock. Churchill insisted that the National Trust maintain a cat presence at Chartwell. The current resident cat is Jock VI.
Chartwell House Staff
Head of House = Mr Clapp
Tutors: Miss Burgess, Mrs Clark-Keen, Miss Dobson, Mrs Edmed, Miss Everingham, Mr Glover, Mrs Holmes, Mr Kilbourne, Mrs Lorriman, Mrs McHugh, Miss Parker, Mr Parr, Mrs Robinson, Mrs Rees, Mrs Sangster, Miss Semper, Miss Scott, Mr Stanley, Mrs Stevens, Mrs Whitehead and Miss Wallace.