Our two main bus companies, Arriva and Nu-Venture both stop at the Academy for the morning drop off and afternoon collection.
Please click here to see Nu-Venture bus times.
Please click here to see the Marden bus times.
For the 64-1, 64-2, 64-3 and Number 5 please visit www.arrivabus.co.uk/kent-and-surrey/
KCC has recently launched two new Travel Schemes replacing the current Young Persons’ Travel Pass and Kent 16+ Travel Card. We have been asked to make our parents/carers aware of the changes, which are detailed below, as provided by KCC.
The KCC Travel Saver is available to children in secondary school education and offers the same benefits as the current Young Persons scheme enabling parents the opportunity to halve the costs of bus travel rather than buying a ticket direct from operators.
The schemes represent a subsidy from KCC to parents of around £10m each year and means that KCC continues to support parents with the costs of bus travel more than any other Council in the UK outside of London. A feature of the new scheme is the ability for parents to pay for the pass through a series of instalments, spreading the cost across 8 months.
When can the pass be used?
The pass offers unlimited bus travel between 6am and 7pm, Monday to Friday. It is valid from the start of the school year in 2021 to 31 July 2022 but some operators also allow it to be used at other times.
What does it cost?
- £370 for a full year **
- £120 for a full year for children who get free school meals.
- Free for young carers, young people in care and care leavers.
- For households with 3 or more children, pay for 2 full price passes and get the 3rd and other additional passes for free. That means 2, 3 or 4 full year passes would cost £740, or £750 if paying by instalments.
- This offer is not available if any of the passes are lower cost or free passes.
** please note a £10 administration fee applies to these applications is paying by instalment **
The cost of the pass remains the same whenever you apply. The earlier you apply the longer you can spread the cost over. If you apply later in the year, the cost is split by the number of months left until March 2022.
- Apply by 8 August 2021: 1 x instalment of £56.25 followed by 7 x instalments of £46.25 (total cost £380)
- Apply by 28 November 2021: 1 x instalment of £102.50 followed by 3 x instalments of £92.50 (total cost £380)
Free school meals pass
- Apply by 8 August 2021: 8 x instalments of £15 (total cost £120)
- Apply by 28 November 2021: 4 x instalments of £30 (total cost £120)
Sibling (3 or more passes)
- Apply by 8 August 2021: 1 x instalment of £102.50 followed by 7 x instalments of £92.50 (total cost £750)
- Apply by 28 November 2021: 1 x instalment of £195 followed by 3 x instalments of £185 (total cost £750)
Free pass eligibility
Free passes are for:
- young carers
- children in care
- care leavers.
You do not need to get your application endorsed this year. When you apply online we will check this. For any other information about young carers’ arrangements contact:
- Kent Young Carers 17 – 19 Monson Road, Tunbridge Wells TN1 1LS.
Call: 03001 11 11 10
Call: 03000 81 00 05
Call: 03450 95 67 01
In care or care leavers
- If you are 11 to 16 years old we will contact your case worker to confirm your status.
- If you are 17 to 21 years old your pass will be sent to your personal advisor for them to give to you.
16+ Travel Saver
The KCC 16+ Travel Saver is a bus pass which can save parents and students up to 50% on the cost of bus travel to and from school and college. To apply for a pass you must be:
- a resident of Kent (whose household pays Council Tax to a Kent district or borough council for Kent County Council services)
- 16 to 19 years old and in academic years 12 to 14 (to be eligible your date of birth must be between 1 September 2003 and 31 August 2005)
- attending a participating school, college, work, learning provider or apprenticeship provider.
For most students, this pass will save you around 50% of what you might pay if you bought an annual season ticket from a bus operator.
The KCC 16+ Travel Saver is valid at any time of the day and on any day of the year, including evenings, weekends and school holidays.
The KCC Travel Saver team can be contacted by:
Call: 03000 41 84 84